Friday, September 14, 2001

Up, Up, Up, and Away...

Not a whole lot of time to chit chat tonight, in the midst of packing the car... I like having it fully loaded the night before, so I can just roll out of bed into the shower and head out whenever is convenient the next day. The nice thing about moving in a day early is there's no rush, its just you and about 8 other people in the building until the next day.

Sometimes I get the feeling I'm repeating myself in my blogs. I probably am. But then again I repeat stories in real life, hopefully not always to the same people.

The comp is always the last to be packed, and the first to be unpacked. :) Its basically come down to a science, moving in and out that is. I'm pretty particular about stuff, so once I found the best setup for the furniture and such things stayed pretty much the same the next couple years. I like always knowing where stuff is, there's nothing more frustrating about searching for the remote control for eons on end at home. Or the stapler, or tape, or any other supplies that we always manage to be out of. AAA batteries, another thing that's annoying never available. OI! How am I supposed to get pages without those.

Ah yes, I do have a pager. For the most part, its for emergencies. I'd rather always be available if an emergency did happen to someone close to me, I'd rather not find out about it hours later. So I don't get many pages, some from friends but that's about it. No news is good news, I suppose. I've never really seen the point of cell phones, they're convenient at times, but hampering and even dangerous at others. Whenever I get a page I'm generally very close to a pay phone, its pretty tough to be somewhere where there isn't one close by. I really get annoyed by people who talk on cell phones and drive, since it almost always negatively influences their abilities as a driver. Must have seen like ten of them on the way up to pick up my headset mic.

Speaking of which, got one of those cool headsets that go behind ur head instead of on top, so you don't get that dent in your head that everyone makes fun of. At least I do, I have wavy/thick/poofy hair that is generally combed back so it makes it real obvious. Oi. Its got a great mic on it too, makes me feel like the Secret Service when I'm using one of the voice communication proggies. Never ceases to amaze me that I can log on and talk with someone from another country, or play a game with someone across the United States, all through a computer and microphone.

Saw an absolute ton of American flags driving home today, really made me feel good about the good ol USA. Downloaded what I feel is the ultimate edition of the Star Spangled Banner, the one sung by Whitney Houston at the 95 Super Bowl. Goosebumps every single time I hear it, they played it on the radio today at noon after the one minute of silence. Was amazing seeing that other countries in different parts of the world did the same thing, all supporing ours.

Alas, I could be talking about anything, and my mind will always revert back to the recent events in our country. I guess its only natural. I'm not a very emotional person, the only times I really let go are when I'm truly alone. Its hard for me to show remorse or despair in public, and I think a lot of people see me as shallow because of it. They just don't know. Still no word.

I apologize for the convoluted style of tonight's post, then again, why should I? After all I'm pretty sure the subtitle of this page includes the word "ramblings." :)