Wednesday, April 03, 2002

Two Down, Forty Eight to Go.

I had the rest of my "first day" lectures today, which weren't as interesting as I thought they'd be, but hey. Why is it whenever you have a blocked together group of classes, the first or middle one will let you out way early and make you sit around waiting for the next, but the last one in the block will always keep you til the very end of class? :/ Guess I'll have more time to do the reading between classes while I sit on my duff.

My Econ classes look pretty dry, but that's kind of the point I guess. Nothing horribly exciting there, typical homework, midterm, final, etc etc. My Black Studies class however seems much more interesting. The prof used the F word at least three times during the period, waking the rest of us up whenever it happened, not something you usually hear from a traditional professor. He seems like a really cool guy though, and actually knows what he's talking about. Also doesn't believe in midterms or finals, instead assigning three papers worth 75% of the grade throughout the quarter, but they're basically on topics that we choose as long as they're related to the reading. Thus far appears to be the most interesting professor I've had thus far at UCSB, and that's pretty sad. He's now added to the "coolest people ever" list.

Disclaimer: Addition to the list is generally only temporary, and removal from the list can be swift and merciless at any time.

Got myself down to the fitness room for a pretty tough workout tonight, going to try a Tue/Thur/Sat weights and Mon/Wed/Fri Reccen racquetball/swimming routine and see where that goes. When I go over there tomorrow going to find out about intramurals too, racquetball was fun but looks like they have both indoor and outdoor soccer this quarter too, which is a much harder workout. Maybe I'll do all three, and really die. ;)