Sunday, March 31, 2002

The Matt Attack Is Goin Back Jack

That would go better if my name was Mack. Actually that would give a whole new meaning to it I suppose. Alas.

Two tips of the day for the computer savvy to make our lives a little easier... The first I yoinked off a friend's site. Yoinked, isn't that the coolest word ever? Jacked is good, but wears out its welcome eventually. Yoinked is new and different, gonna have to stick with it for a while. Anyway, the tip... If you type a word in Internet Explorer in the address bar for example blogger, and then hit ctrl and enter, it will automatically put in the http://www. and the .com for you! Just a bit of a time saver.

The second I figured out by accident, for a while now I've been using ctrl and 1 2 or 3 to do the first few smilies in AIM, but I'm not sure whether I just never noticed or its a new thing with the latest version, if you use ctrl and the numbers 1-8, or ctrl + shift and the numbers 1-8, you can actually do all 16 of the smilies without straying your hands from the keyboard. This is helpful for those of us who use the ctrl shift 5 sideways face an obscene amount, and before had to put up with incessant clicking to get to it.

So my dream monitor is for some reason at only 2 grand in an auction. Still a horribly high amount unfortunately, but quite a bit less than the 3.5 grand it goes for retail. So for all those of you people out in the world with millions of dollars to throw away, its still on my wish list... :)

Turns out I actually am making the trek out to Magic Mountain tomorrow, found a friend from school to go with, and since its sort of "on the way" back to UCSB and I'm not in any particular hurry to get back there and do nothing (classes don't start until Monday) might as well live it up another day. Will have to buy books on Monday I guess, but only have two classes that day anyway other than the one I'm trying to crash. Taking the last two GE classes of my life next quarter, another Classics this time Greek Mythology, and a Black Studies course that cleans out the last of my requirements. Between those and two Econ classes that are just the next in the series I took this quarter, grades should be good. Here's hopin. :)

Weather looks good for tomorrow, which is in a way a shame, the most fun I ever had at an amusement park was when I went to Magic Mountain and it just poured all day long. It was deserted, we went on all the rides like ten times, and had an absolute BLAST. Nothing like hurtling two hundred feet down a steep hill while being pummelled by thirty mile an hour winds driving horizontal rain into your face like thousands of tiny needles. :) Guess ya kinda gotta be in the mood. Park closes at 8, but we'll probably employ the "get in line for the ride with the longest wait right as it closes so they close off the line behind you and you get to stay that amount of time later than park closing to ride that last ride" strategy. I remember for Batman when it first opened we did that and even though it closed at 10pm we didn't actually leave the park until after midnight... Being able to drive home without falling asleep is always helpful though, we'll see how it goes. :)