Monday, April 01, 2002

I Got A Date!

April Fools. Har. Harhar.

Back at school, enjoying the general quietness brought about by the replacement case fans that booted the old turbines I had in there... Also having fun with the new monstrous mousepad that makes my life a whole lot easier than the dirty warped crusty tiny old one...

Stopped by Magic Mountain and even though I never actually ran into my friend (he apparently got lost on the way and never even made it to the park) still had a blast. I ended up getting a season pass since the coupon I had made the price of the season pass only about ten bucks over a regular day's admission... Now I'll be able to pop over whenever I please, lasts all year. Pretty nice deal.

One word to describe X, the newest world class roller coaster at the park, would have to be unique. It is utterly unlike anything I've ever ridden before. I only got on it once due to the fact that the line was 2+ hours all day long, but I rode in the very front, and it was just unbelievable. The face first drop at the beginning is much like if you were standing on a window sill with your back to the opening, and then just leaped backwards and outward, spread eagling your body to try to have as much of your surface area faceplant the ground as possible. Luckily it flips you over and spins you out of the way before that actually happens, but falling 200 feet in that position is quite a unique feeling. It broke down repeatedly and the line is VERY slow moving due to the complicated loading and unloading procedure, but I'd say its worth it depending on the number of hours involved.

Everywhere else the lines were basically none existant, walked onto Goliath twice in a row, even for the very front row, and the same was true for Batman and the other incredible rides there. Magic Mountain is just head and shoulders above the other thrill ride based parks I've been to, they literally have like 10 world class coasters you would ride again and again, there's always something else you haven't done. Missed out on Deja Vu the other most recent new one, but mainly because I decided to come back early around 3:00 before I got too tired, knowing I'd be able to head back over there any weekend I please for free. That's another really slow moving line, although I hear the ride is quite impressive as well. Don't think anything can touch X though. So any of you locals need a ride out there? Just pick a weekend, I'm game. ;)