Friday, April 26, 2002

Today's Sign That the Apocalypse Is Upon Us...

Man, I'm glad I was awake early to go running this morning, because they're running a gigantic vacuum outside to clean up all the broken glass, and it sounds like a freight train. Sucks to be those who were sleeping before that thing started, sounds louder and more annoying than the fire alarm.

Quick note before I head off about today's world news... In Germany this morning a student that had been expelled returned to his former school with two handguns and killed fourteen teachers, a policeman, and two young girls, before killing himself later. This is the type of tragedy that continues to flood the headlines month after month, another child with access to a gun, another school shooting. I'm thankful that it wasn't in our country, but I wonder world-wide what its going to take in order to open people's eyes to the need for better control. I'm not anti-guns, there's never been one in my house other than an old relic of my father's that isn't functional, but even that we were always taught never to touch, and we never did. However I do support gun control, it really isn't that big a deal for those who know how to use one to take a few extra steps in order to acquire one or posses one, rather than them being able to fall into hands they shouldn't. For heaven's sake, its not like teachers are overpaid as it is, they really don't deserve to have to live in fear of former or disgruntled students on a daily basis. This isn't the military, they shouldn't be paid "job risk" bonuses, but they should be able to have some sort of protection against these kinds of monsters.

Anyway, my morning beef, now off to breakfast.