Sunday, April 28, 2002

Forging New Trails...

Headed out into the wild blue yonder again today for another hiking trip... Ended up off of Hot Springs road north of downtown at a pretty awesome trail... We originally missed the one we were shooting for and ending up climbing steeply up a ridge and popping out at a paved road up on the other side, somewhat anticlimactic to hike for an hour or two steeply up a hill and then finding out you could have driven to that same point. :) To make up for it we did a little off roading up a drainage chute that was basically solid pebbles, made it real interesting both going up and sliding down, mostly on our asses. On top though was a pretty awesome view, not only of the Santa Barbara area, but also the Montecito and areas further South, I'd never hiked a trail that far east so that was all new to me.

Eventually we did find the intended trail on the way down, which let along a creek and involved a lot of rock climbing and balancing acts, was quite fun. :) The goal on this one was the large waterfall at the top, which was really quite peaceful. All along the way there were the sounds of nature and running water, a sound I'm a real fan of. Highlight was me chucking rocks into one of the pools, gradually choosing larger ones, until I managed to dump in this rather large boulder which splashed in such a manner that it shot a stream of water out to the side, nailing the friend I went with pretty good. Almost had me rollin on the ground giggling, not quite. :) Ended up getting a decent amount of exercise, the first trail was pretty steep, and the off trail work and then the second one kept my hands busy, its more fun that way though.

Nothing planned for the remainder of the weekend, cept for some food, man I'm hungry. :/