Thursday, April 25, 2002

A Cheesy Story.

So I lumber into Ortega tonight for some dinner after what for some reason was a grueling three hours of classes, even though the first half all I was doing was watching the movie version of Othello. Anyway, I'm glad to see that Alfredo is the sauce of the day, and after snagging a tray out of the reach of the outstretched fingers of the guy in front of me I move with all due haste towards the pasta area. The type of pasta is not my favorite, its that very large very wide very flat sort of tube noodle, no idea what its called. But with Alfredo anything's good. I lop on a decent amount (not too much, just because it tastes good doesn't mean its healthy) and follow my usual path towards the parmesan cheese. I've got my dining habits down to an art form, you can almost predict what I'm doing next if you've seen me walk around enough times. The next step is casually picking up the tongs thingamajig, snaring a healthy amount of parmesan cheese in its grasp, and sprinkling about 1/3 of it around the pasta in an even layer. So today I move in that exact manner, except for some reason as I go to sprinkle, I have some sort of muscle spasm that causes my grip to loosen. Down goes this truckload of parmesan into a humongous pile in the center of my noodles. Well, shit.

Luckily I've passed out of another one of my EVERYTHING irritates me phases, and I just chuckled on my way over to the juices, getting strange looks from people as they stared at my pasta bowl. This woulda been a good third person thing, but comedy doesn't fit as well with that I don't think.

The good news is I turned in a somewhat decent paper, on time even, was done even early enough for an hour long nap before class. Go figure, new leaf hasn't cracked yet. Big test tomorrow though, to see if I can not only go running for the third day in a row, but even go to my only class on Friday, the Classics lecture I tend to blow off because the lectures just regurgitate the reading, so you can do one or the other. Actually I'll sort of be cheating, I have to for sure make up a quiz at an alternate section at 11, so getting to my 9 lecture might as well happen too. Its all good. :)