Wednesday, November 14, 2001

SHHHHH Here He Comes...

Just had quite the awkward experience. One of those times when you walk into a room and someone has their back to you and is saying something, and the other person in the room motions/signals/whispers for that person to be quiet, given your approaching presence. That's actually the first time I've been in that situation in a while. Not entirely sure what was being discussed, but it didn't seem positive.

Kind of annoying.

Immediately following my entrance I was asked quite the random question about whether I would date one of my friends (the one who had been talking when I came in), one of those questions you can't answer at all without changing things in one direction or another. Once the question is out there, things are already different, whether the change is miniscule or mind boggling. I was honest, that's what I expect from myself.

To tell you the truth, in a lot of people's books I'm "dating" a lot of my friends, just because I do things alone with them like movies, dinners, or the like. Some people just can't handle that two people of opposing gender thing without getting "weird." Its just never been a problem for me. I think if I actually had the remotest hunch that the person might be interested, the thought would at least cross my mind, but without reciprocation there's no reason to bother.

Only got bout an hour of sleep last night, and another hour nap during the day, guess I'll take another nap before the intramural game. Looks like we're going to be short tonight, or at most have the minimum number of players, so I'll be dying running around out of shape again. Really need to do something about that.