Tuesday, November 13, 2001

Grand Theft Log

I hear that's goin around, so I decided to continue the trend...

1 minute ago: I was reading a log of someone I've never met.
1 hour ago: I was blissfully asleep.
1 day ago: I was out eating, as I tend to do when people decide they're willing to make snack runs at 3 in the morning to Jack's, Carl's, Freebird's, Carrows, or any number of other late night hangouts.
1 month ago: I was belting out Livin on a Prayer with the top down on the freeway, challenging the wind to make me deaf.
1 year ago: I was lighter.

5 minutes ago: I was rolling over, thinking "please tell me its like 7am so I can get up and just get ready for the midterm and the day and whatever else," and seeing the clock say 1:45.
5 hours ago: I was still trying to get my tv capture card to work, having goten everything working except for when it tries to capture audio, which eliminates the whole purpose of using my computer to archive stuff.
5 days ago: I got a compliment. From a girl. Wow. Rare.
5 weeks ago: I was getting pulled over. For having my license plate light out.
5 months ago: I was realizing college was half over. Depressing.
5 years ago: I was lighter. Like, way lighter. I was also in shape. People sometimes ask if you could repeat a part of your life, would you. I like to think that I have no regrets in life, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't do certain things differently the second time around. Yeah, I'd go back to sophmore year in high school. I'd keep running. I'd know then what I know now. I'd know I wasn't immune to getting out of shape. I'd know that there WAS room for another fifty pounds on my body. I'd avoid like the plague the essay prompt I chose for Academic Deacthlon my senior year. That's still the most depressing single event of my life to this day. I wouldn't have worked any harder in school though. I'm not ashamed of where I go to college, I'm happy here. If anything, I would have slacked more, getting by with whatever was necessary, nothing more, enjoying life even more than I did.

That's the point, after all?