Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Coasting, An Art Form.

Returning from an excursion tonight, I saw my minivan come as close to running out of gas as it ever has. Luckily a large portion of it was downhill towards the end, so I was able to basically coast along while it beeped at me every five seconds. I even had a friend follow me with a cell phone to make sure I didn't get stuck, I was so sure I was going to run out. What can I say, a little risk makes life more interesting. Speaking of risk, more on that later.

To give you an idea of how really empty it was, I was under the impression my tank was 16 gallons, and when I'm brought it VERY close to E before I'd been able to fill up to 15.6 or 15.7 gallons. This time it filled up to 16.184. Hm....... Must have gotten there on fumes.

I'm slackin on the posts, I got a couple movie reviews and a good story from tonight to tell, gonna try to get back on the ball here.