Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Although Delayed, Here They Are.

Okay weeks later after seeing the movies I'm finally getting around to posting my opinion. First we have Ghost World. Never heard of it? Neither had I. I'll go with 3 M's out of 7 here, solely because I got a kick out of how much one of the characters was similar to myself. Other than that, it's pretty high on the random scale. No real plot or ending, just a series of scenes basically. I can't think of a whole lot to say about it, it just wasn't that good.

However, the one I saw immediately following, Legends of the Fall was a huge improvement. Most people probably saw this one years ago, but I hadn't, so sue me. I'm glad I finally got around to it though. Anthony Hopkins plays a role, which is always a good thing. It's not a very cheerful movie, but it's that heart tugging aspect that gives this one 5.5 M's. There's some mushy stuff and apparently gorgeous actors for one gender, and some raw masculinity and action for the other. Overall very dramatic stuff.

Lastly a couple days ago I was over at a friend of a friend's place and ended up on the couch watching Run Lola Run, a German film from a few years ago. It was subbed which as usual forced you to pay attention, but I found it would have kept my attention regardless. The plot is one of those really different ones, such as Memento, which do things normal movies don't. It's basically a comment on fate, and how very simple changes in the way you do things, can have gigantic consequences in the future. Obviously in Lola's case it's even more gigantic than usual, but it didn't cross the line of being unrealistic. Until she bet on Black 20 twice in a row on Roulette and won both. Odds of that are so ridiculous it's not even funny. I guess you never know. The best part about this movie was it was an action packed 90 minutes or so, so you didn't have time to start checking your watch or get bored. It came, it went, it was cool. Very well filmed, as you get to see things from different angles every time. 5 M's.

Managed to run a bit further than Monday today, so far so good. Have an intramural co-ed basketball game tonight, that should be entertaining. I won't make the mistake of trying to shoot though. :)