Sunday, November 18, 2001

THE SKY IS FALLING!

Wow. I must have said that at least a million times tonight while watching the meteor shower.

The depressing thing is I almost missed it, inhibited by the fog that was very dense over campus and the surrounding area. On a hunch I hopped in the car and drove north a ways, planning to just get some exercise somewhere along the way with a nice jog, if I couldn't escape the fog. As luck would have it, it just got denser, to the point I was having to go about 30 mph on the freeway just to stay on the road. Luckily my luck changed, as I picked an exit to get off and turn around finally, I suddenly popped out of the fog into the most fiery night I've ever seen.

They came from all directions, all shapes and sizes and colors and brightness. There was a line of cars where I ended up, and the oohs and ahhs went on for hours. Being from LA originally, seeing that many stars is a unique experience in itself, but seeing them flying all over the place in a magnificent display was just breathtaking.

They say its not going to happen to that extent again until 2099. Well, I plan to be alive to see that one too, but figured to be safe I better not miss this one. :) To all those who missed it, I feel sorry for you. :/