Friday, November 23, 2001

[Shoulders Some People Out Of the Way To Reach The Computer]

Ah, finally some time on the ol keyboard. Least once everyone goes to sleep there's some peace and quiet around here.

My legs feel pretty well dead, like they're about to fall off.

Made the mistake of going over to play soccer/football with the brother at the ol high school stomping grounds. That's two ol's in four sentences. WAYYYY too much old people influence around here. Next I'll start exclaiming yeehaw and screaming "WHERES MY DENTURES." So anyway, found out I can punt a football 50 yards in the air, but can only kick like a 48 yard field goal. Must be the fact that when you kick its end over end, but punting spirals and if you have wind that helps, or something. Playing soccer in the dark is pretty tough. Depth perception just isn't there.

The biggest mistake came when I challenged him to run a hundred yards in less than sixteen seconds, turned out it only took him fourteen eight. This of course caused me to have to do it to see if I could still move faster than the usual couch to fridge chug, turned out I snagged thirteen six. A far cry from my twelve flat or something days of high school track (don't get my wrong that isn't fast, my events were the half and mile, but that was fast for me :) ) but its decent enough anyway. This of course led to exclaims of cheating with the watch, so we both had to go down and race at the same time. I let him get a jump start to give me something to catch (I'm insanely competitive, its what keeps me going in most sports even when it seems like there's nothing left to give) but it turned out I was gaining on him pretty much the whole first fifty yards (lengthening my lead that is) until he began to pull up with some sort of miraculous knee injury (that was fine five minutes later). So anyway, still faster than the brother. Something tells me the quads and hammys are going to be angry with me in the morning though, even though I stretched before and after.

Just to put the above in perspective in case half of you out there are ready to brag about your hundred yard times (I'm setting off my own inferiority complex with no outside help, how pathetic is that) consider the fact that I'm two hundred pounds, and my bro is two fifteen. In my track days I was at least one fifty, probably more like one thirty five.

Speaking of the whole weight thing, the scale here read 199 this morning. Course then there was Thanksgiving. Then again I did get a lot of exercise afterward. We'll have to see how the rest of the weekend goes, and what the scale I've been using regularly at school says when I get back. 195 maybe? Heh. We'll see.

Hooppee Belated Turkey Day All!