Saturday, May 10, 2003

Unwell.

Today we start with some lyrics that were deemed appropriate due to my state of health as of late... I really like the beginning of this song, which is what's quoted below.

"All day
staring at the ceiling making
friends with shadows on my wall.
All night
I'm hearing voices telling me
that I should get some sleep
because tomorrow might be good
for something.
Hold on
I'm feeling like I'm headed for a
breakdown
I don't know why.
I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell.
I know right now you can't tell.
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
a different side of me."

Matchbox 20 is the artist, "Unwell" is the title.

Today thanks to the wonders of modern technology I was able to witness the graduation of someone special live via webcast, even though I was hours away. Pretty good quality too, her sheepsih grin as she walked across the stage was readily visible. Quite neat to be able to see it even though I wasn't there. Makes me wonder how things like that may influence our future, with video phones becoming more mainstream, and live streaming video and audio being a daily part of our lives. Sounds pretty spiff. A phrase such as "I miss you" voiced on the other end of the telephone line does a lot, but seeing them smile as they say it does a whole lot more.

Thanks to post midterm freedom and the fact I haven't been able to do much because I've been sick, I've started making my way through Splinter Cell, which thus far has proven to be great entertainment. Full review when I complete it as usual.