Sunday, January 19, 2003

Well, I Gotta Do Something With The Time...

Actually did get off my butt and hit the reccen this morning, so I have an excuse. Unfortunately my racquetball partner went down with a back injury a few minutes in, and after lying down for a while decided it would be best to just head home. Luckily from an exercise perspective one of my female friends showed up shortly afterward and was glad to take his place. We had some fun for a while, then eventually I hit the pool and she the weight room and machines. Hadn't seen her for a while, so it was good to catch up and see how she was doing. She's the one gettin both a C.S. degree and finishing the Pre-Med program by the end of her 4th year, so I figure just hanging around her might be increasing my intelligence level. :)

After eating lunch with her I came home and crashed, having gotten up a bit early. I then decdied to knock another movie off my haven't seen list, and chose Full Metal Jacket. Given my current career choice, I figure I should spend some of my time watching the movies that have been made, and reading the books that have been written, about the concepts of war and the military and its way of life. Although this one was made back in 87, its rawness puts it up there with all the more modern war movies. The actor who played the recruit nicknamed Gomur Pile had some unbelievable scenes, I would have run like hell if he ever gave me one of those animalistic looks. The scenery is up to par, and the firefights appear as real as they can be. This one earns 5 M's.

There's a few other war movies I've missed out on over the years which I hear are quite good, may continue the pattern later in this three day weekend.

Hmm... I don't seem to have a lot to talk about lately other than movies. Well. What can I say. Approximately 19 more days.