Monday, January 20, 2003

Another Good Monday...

Well since I felt bad about getting my friend injured in the racquetball game the other day, I decided to entertain him by inviting him on another Chumash trip since he can't do much else other than sit at a Blackjack table. Lame enough excuse for ya? I thought so. Anyway, we both got ousted from the tournament early, but neither of us cared much, as it was already becoming quite the profitable evening. When all was said and done, let's just say we both started with Andrews, and left with multiple Benjamins. There were all sorts of "wahoos" and yeehaws" out the window on the way back. And man, one of the dealers is like, wow.

So anyway Platoon was the fare this morning, as my hiking buddy flaked and I ended up just going back to sleep afterwards. Found it difficult to pay attention to this one, there was an entire scene dedicated to marijuana, and another one where a gang rape is broken up, it's amazing how standards and movie ratings have changed over the years. It was still decent, but not anything overly impressive. The best part actually was the theme, which was Barber's "Adagio for Strings," which I studied extensively in high school for AcaDec. Was a blast from the past hearing it again.

Two midterms tomorrow, doh!