Monday, September 09, 2002

Isn't It Time To Go Back Yet?

Another dull day at work, although less dull than usual. Spent most of the day downstairs in the Kaplan center in the mall running tests, which involves putting a scantron form through the machine and then waiting for it to print out an 8 page results form thingy... Over the past few days I've had to do about 400, and I have at least 300 more to go. Luckily since I'm down in the mall I'm not under any kind of supervision, so I have a good time chatting up a storm with the friendly people who man the front desk down there. That and lunch is closer, no wasted time in the elevator. I got my hours switched to 9:30 to 5:30, since this whole staying til 6 and not getting home until 7 thing is getting real old. I even got a dinner date for tomorrow! Well sort of. Anyway.

Finally got around to finishing Band of Brothers the other day, which I now consider pretty much required viewing for anyone pondering the military track through life. Even if you're not, it's quite powerful and educational viewing, I learned a lot about the second World War that I had never been taught previously. Going to have to get around to watching a lot of the war movies I've missed out on over the years, including a few of the classics. The miniseries though was very well done, which didn't surprise me given it was directed by Tom Hanks and produced by Steven Spielberg.

Under two weeks to go I guess, can't wait to see how huge my new room is.