Thursday, July 25, 2002

Well, I've Seen 2/3 Of Them...

New official count, I have 159 movies I haven't seen. Some of them I've heard great things about too, really going to have to knock some of them out this summer. Tonight I headed out to the theater again though, to check out a couple dramas.

First up was Road to Perdition, Tom Hanks' latest flick. Liked this one a lot, I love it when movies go all out in bringing back the era of the early 19th century with the whack cars and complicated fashions. Nothing like three piece suits and suspenders every day to work. There's a reason it's rated R though, it is a mob type movie, and people do get axed. I've yet to see a Hanks movie I didn't enjoy though. 5 M's.

Next I hopped on over to K-19 the movie about the greatest Russian submarine ever built, and the incident that almost sent the world to nuclear war. It's interesting, I would have thought that a movie with basically no action because it was based around an actual event in which the unthinkable was avoided would have trouble holding my attention. I enjoyed this one as well though, I thought it was better than U-571, even without all the cool explosions and special effects. I had heard mixed reviews about it, but I also enjoy Harrison Ford's work, so I might be partial. 5 M's here too.

There are a few select actors such as Anthony Hopkins who generally turn any movie into something I'm impressed by. From the rarely heard of Remains of the Day to Silence of the Lambs, he is one actor who always has my complete attention. I think the gap between 5 and 6 M's depends on whether or not I even once have to pop on the indiglo on my watch to check how far through the movie I am.

Was pondering hopping to a 3rd such as Reign of Fire, but figured that one is probably a better renter/downloader. So, about 100 of the 159 are movies I'd like to get around to seeing, guess I might as well start tomorrow. :)