Wednesday, July 24, 2002

One Plus One Plus One Is Three.

Theoretically, that's how many marriages will take place among the Wilson children. However in a moment of jest, my father pointed out that since the elder two aren't making any progress, "the younger one might be responsible for all three." I suppose you had to be there, but I found it to be quite clever.

Whole lot of nothing going on around here the last couple days, other than recuperating from the hike, getting into a bike riding theme as opposed to running while my shins heal, and catchin up on some movie watchin. Yesterday I finally caught Amelie which was nice because I've only seen 2 cd rips of it out so I was able to make a good 1 cd one. Even better was the fact that in a rip the subs appear in the lower part of the picture instead of in the black area below, which you'd think would be annoying because it blocks small portions of the frame, but to me requires much less concentration to watch because your eyes don't have to travel as far to watch the scene and read the dialogue if you don't speak the language of the foreign film. So anyway, yeah it's in French, but came highly recommended from a few of my female friends. Unfortunately going to have to place it in the chick flick category, but I do that with basically all romantic comedies, so don't let that deter you. I'll give it 4 M's out of 7, it was entertaining for the most part, and somewhat outside the box, but at 130 minutes it had me checking my watch at times, and the real bummer with foreign films is you can't really look away, or you miss dialogue, since your sense of hearing does you no help with the translation. Stops in the kitchen to make a sandwich and so forth require pausing, such an inconvenience! ;)

Today I got around to watching The Majestic the infamous Jim Carrey in a dramatic role movie. I actually liked this one a lot, even though it took a while for me to get used to the idea of him not cracking a joke every 2.3 seconds. I just thought it was really cute at times, and I guess was in the mood for some of the general hokeyness that accompanies a small town atmosphere where everyone knows everyone and everyone is in everyone else's business. So 5 M's for that one. REALLY need to start burning movies. My recent rips have left me with basically jack squat by way of space.

Maybe I'll hike someplace else this weekend. That was fun.