Thursday, July 04, 2002

Up, Up, Up, and BOOM!

Headed down to the pier to take in tonight's fireworks, had the usual fun with the oohs and aahs, from our vantage point atop my father's workplace. Just adjacent to the water and with a great view of the pier and the throngs of people who had turned out to mob it, it turned out to be a pretty good spot for viewing, even though it involved climbing a tall ladder carrying lawn chairs.

We've temporarily moved my speaker system out into the family room so my family can enjoy the effects of Dolby Digital 5.1 sound with the new DVD player, this works out pretty well for me since the father is now hooked on the idea, and will probably end up inheriting the system I got a great deal on about three years ago, and allowing me to upgrade to a newer (and even louder) one. Nothing like watching a movie where when a car goes flying by on the screen you hear it go through the left channel, center, then out the right and literally look out your window to see if it just went over your house and is about to land in the backyard. Very cool stuff.

I figure a new system will be a tad much for my dorm room, but the quality will be amazing, and that's the type of thing I can take around with me to everywhere I move in the future. Gotta start thinkin long term, almost done with this whole college thing.

So basically I'm deaf from the movies and fireworks, guess I'll turn in early. Then again The Rock (6 M's) is still blasting out there, might be a little tough. :)