Tuesday, July 02, 2002

Ridiculous...

That's my word of choice when describing many of the Cirque Du Soleil acts from Quidam, the latest DVD I rented/watched/ripped. When you realize you haven't closed your mouth for an entire ten minute act it's pretty obvious they're doing something impressive. Ridiculously impressive. Absolutely ridiculously amazing displays of strength. You basically just have to see it for yourself. This has been my favorite so far, other than the live ones I saw in Vegas. Frankly all of them seem like they'd be even better in person. Not that seeing them on any screen isn't good, but actually being there is something else altogether. Couple more on order, Dralion which is supposedly to be many people's favorite, and Nouvelle Experience.

Congrats to Brazil for bringing home the Cup, and more importantly thank GOODNESS its over, these 4am wakeups for the final matches were getting rough. :) Luckily Germany 2006 should only be half as many hours ahead, so it will be more like midmorning to early afternoon games over here.

Minority Report has become the first movie in a long time that I went to see twice in the theaters, mainly since my friend was quite insistant. I didn't put up much of a fight though, she wasn't having any part of Lilo and Stitch, which I've heard is pretty good, so I relented.

Still nothing of interest going on the job searching front, been spending about an hour a day on monster.com and various other sites looking for stuff I can do that pays more than chump change, but come up empty so far. Begun preparing for the AFOQT coming up on the 15th though, so we'll see from there what my future is beginning to look like.