Saturday, April 20, 2002

Ooooh, the Flames...

People were bored tonight, so we headed out to the beaches west of here for a big ol bonfire get together... Was about ten of us, and after various excursions to beaches that were closed or didn't have available parking close enough to the pits, we eventually ended up at El Capitan, a really pretty beach, the same one I watched the meteor shower at a few months ago. S'mores were enjoyed by all, and even though it was a bit windy it still worked out pretty well.

The stars were as usual amazing, I taught one of my friends how to find the Big Dipper and via that the North Star, which is useful in case you're ever lost in the wilderness. She's from the same part of LA as I, so seeing all the stars is a somewhat unusual experience for us, having grown up in the smog.

The night before I was out on Campus Point enjoying the scenery, it was the first time I'd been down there in quite a while, its really nice to take some time to enjoy nature every once in a while, take some deep breathes away from the hustle bustle of school.

Tomorrow, er, today now, is the infamous 4/20, which means I'll spend most of the day asleep, possibly making an appearance later to inhale some food at the DC.