Monday, April 15, 2002

Down The Rabbit Hole...

Seems to be a running theme lately of me taking back things I've said previously, going to have to continue with regard to American McGee's Alice. This game started slow, and I ended up getting bored and leaving it alone for a month, but I had some free time this weekend and ended up pushing on, and reaching some of the most amazing and graphically impressive levels later in the game. The Quake3 engine has been revamped to do some pretty amazing things, and I hear a movie is going to be based on the game's plot, which should be quite interesting to see. The game seemed like a combination of a first person shooter like Max Payne and Myst, there was a lot of problem solving and logic puzzles throughout that were part of the game, with the main character interacting with the environment. Its a few years old now which in computer speak is quite a long time, but I highly recommend it for those looking for a different variation on the first person shooter theme.

Got a haircut today for free thanks to those buy eight get one free cards, pretty sad given the first haircut on the card was dated in November 2000... I guess I end up getting a lot of cuts while at home, tend to average like every five weeks or so, or whenever I can't see my ears anymore.

Oh, and we have a new "most hilarious" search engine query that got someone to my page. "Pictures of cute boys gagged."

Bwahaha. One of these days I'm going to bust out a picture of something in the sidebar or something, but that's a big step, don't need to rush it. ;)