Saturday, March 02, 2002

A Light In The Dark

The internet came back up a few minutes ago, for the moment. Was down all evening. Apparenlty the resnet guy has most of comm services working on the problem now, and they've narrowed it down to something between the switch and the port in my room, if not one of the two. Lovely. This being Friday I'll get to deal with it for a few more days until Monday when people go to work again.

I'm becoming qutie confused by the concept of an internet search. One of the services I use to track traffic through this page spits out a list of all the things people have searched for and ended up being linked to it. Some make sense: "searching something" "ucsb blog" or some movie or book titles. Others however, like "Pictures of 5th grade girls tied up and gagged"? Um, I BEG your pardon? There's obviously some sort of issue there. I'm pretty sure I've been coherent enough while typing that those words have never appeared anywhere near that order in here. Sheesh. How pathetic are people today that they're looking for something like that. I guess there's no real way for search engines to block that kind of search that obviously isn't productive. Then again I suppose that's most of the business a search engine gets. Pathetic.

The cat died.

Was over 10 years old, didn't seem that long. Poor cat. Those looking for a eulogy should head for the sisters page, she's always more vocal about these types of things. I tend to be more of an introvert.

I would link her, but I think the corporate demigods would immediately have her tarred, feathered, chained, whipped, beaten, fired, and publicly farted on if they managed to put a name to the "horrible" things she says on her page. Strange how I can go from a tragedy to a joke in two sentences. Guess its just my way of doing things. Always makes things easier, unfortunately not always appropriate.

March? Is it really?