Saturday, February 02, 2002

I'll Always Be A Warrior...

Man, tiring day. Nothing like talking and talking and talking and talking until you're actually BORED of talking. For me, that obviously takes qutie a bit of effort. Phew. Got back from another yearly day of Academic Decathlon a little while ago, and had a blast as always. Had a couple awesome interviewees, some mediocre, and some pretty terrible, always fun to see the broad spectrum of upcoming talent. I'm an alumni of the West High Warriors, and they performed well as is the tradition, looking strong going into Friday's banquet when all the results and final overall rankings will be announced. I'm cheerin especially hard for em, if they go on to the State competition (this was County) they'll travel to Modesto, and I'll have an excuse to take a weekend and head North to visit all the friendlies up there while I'm taking in the competition. :)

Actually made me feel pretty old today, those high schoolers are gettin littler and littler. :/ Scarier still is the fact it was my 5th straight year going to Carrows for the after-party given I competed for two years and it was my third year judging... What a phogie I'm becoming. Looks like I'll be hanging around here tomorrow for the Super Bowl festivities, and drive up afterwards tomorrow night at some point. Midterm the next afternoon, so will definitely be back by then. :)

Once again a big congrats to everyone on AD from West, especially the amazingly intelligent sole returner and current keeper of the perfect 10 flame. :) (don't ask)