Thursday, January 31, 2002

*(!&@#^!*@#&^ AAAANNNTTTSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Pardon my friends, but nothing like waking up this morning, rolling out of bed onto my chair to check my e-mail, and noticing several ants crawling over my hands, and as my view focuses, literally THOUSANDS crawling all over my desk. Apparently someone had left a half eaten box of licorice on the far end of it yesterday, and overnight it became just a feeding frenzy for most of UCSB's population of ants. After completely clearing everything out, having the whole trail and various gathering places sprayed along with all their access points in the hallway, vacuuming the whole room, and rearranging everything again, I've reduced the invasion to a random explorer here and there that is readily squashed.

Ants are quite annoying.

Don't get me wrong, I like many types of animals, but I'm also a firm believer in survival of the fittest, so I have no problem eating meat or eliminating insects that create negative consequences. Like disease. Ew.