Wednesday, January 09, 2002

Yawn...

More of the same today, random new classes where the teacher spends the first day reading the syllabus back to you in case English isn't your first language or something, and lots of threats about how not coming to class will directly influence your grade, etc etc etc.

I forgot to mention a side trip I made on the way up here to visit one of my old teammates from Academic Decathlon... Hadn't seen her for a while, we tend to meet up randomly from time to time to catch up. She's got her own place in West LA now, and is teaching dance while attending SMCC, was really impressed by the way things are going for her, she seems really happy. Course she did feel the need to mention I'd gained weight since high school (haven't we all) and I unfortunately couldn't fire back because she's just matured and is even better looking than before. What's lame, is the people who literally have the least to worry about, do the most worrying. Its like those people who whine about A-'s to someone who just got a C+ in the same class. Its just not one of the most tactful things to do. Gr. But yeah, went to a neat little italian place and had the biggest slice of apple pie I've ever seen (whoops) and managed to keep her laughing in my face for various reasons for a good portion of the day. Was hoping my headache would go away before I headed the rest of the way to Santa Barbara but alas it was not so. Nice seeing her again though, will probably swing by on my way through to judge the yearly Decathlon competition for the third time in about a month in Covina.

Dead tired tonight, think its just the fact that I'm on the tail end of this sickness and have been doing a lot more walking than I was during break...