Monday, January 07, 2002

Down, Down, Down...

An interesting day... First day of classes for the Winter quarter, had my Classics and Pstat lectures today, both look to be easy enough. Got to deal with more paperwork regarding the whole major switching thing, there was a snag somewhere.

Sigh, I feel like I'm trying to make small talk with myself when I'm not in the mood.

So I received news a couple hours ago that one of my friends who played indoor soccer with me last quarter and lived in the next building over died this morning. "Natural causes" is the official word from the coroner at this point, I'm pretty sure there will be more info on the 11 oclock news tonight. Been a while since there has been a death around me. Not the most cheerful of scenarios. I tend to be introverted about it though, visibly there isn't really any evidence. Not really sure why. A few short weeks ago I was complimenting him on a well struck shot. Just cements my belief that live is meant to be lived in the present. You just never know.