Tuesday, December 04, 2001

Highway Run Into the Midnight Sun...

Downloaded "Faithfully" by Journey tonight, not sure why I didn't have it before. I'm an 80's fan for the most part, enjoy collecting the songs I heard so much growing up. Some melodies just stick in your head for ages, hearing them come on the radio is like hearing a familiar voice, catching a whiff of a familiar scent, or tasting a favorite food. The ones I catch myself whistling randomly even if I haven't heard them in a few years.

Had a contemplative conversation with someone I met recently tonight, interesting enough that it had us both up at 4am. If there's one person its useful to know, its the one that can give the best back massage. Had the usual conversation about my driver's license picture...

Them: HOLY JEEZ YOU WERE SKINNY
Me: Gee thx.
Them: No you're not fat now, well I mean you're fatter than you were but its not bad, I mean, well you know?
Me: ...

General consensus appears to be its nice not to be skin and bones, but I could use some improvement anyway. Guess I haven't been honest with myself updating the weight lately. After the first five pounds or so it seems to be quite stagnant. I'm sure going home will change things, since at home what you eat tends to be what you fix, and if you don't fix you don't eat.

Winamp's shuffle just managed to pick Mark Schultz's "He's My Son" out of the mix. Still one of the most heartfelt songs I've ever heard. I remember the first time I heard it, when I was on my way to work last summer. The story behind it told prior and the song itself kept me in the car an extra five minutes, causing me to be late to work and earning me a reprimand. Truth be told, I didn't care. Just a really touching song. Word of warning, its hopeful, but not cheerful.