Sunday, December 02, 2001

ASDLKJASFDLKJ

Okay, I'm bad. So I'm gonna start posting in chunks since a full post on the last few days would be really, really, long.

We'll start with Wednesday. This was the day I carried out a decision I made the week prior. Well I guess I have to start there, really.

So I'm doing my math homework on Wednesday, planning to drive home much later that night. The thought occurs to me that I have no interest in the field of math I'm doing homework in. Then I come to the realization that I haven't enjoyed doing homework or going to class in quite some time. So to make a long story short I hop in the car around 3pm, fed up with what I'm doing, what I'm not doing, and life in general. Its about a three hour ride down to my house from UCSB if I take the winding Highway 1, and on a day such as the Wednesday before Thanksgiving I tend to go that way, since I'd rather enjoy a peaceful ride with a wonderful view all along the way, than sitting in the smog and horn honking wilderness that is the 405. So basically on the way home I decide I'm not going to major in computer science at UCSB. Yeah, kind of bad to come to this conclusion once already seven quarters into college. Then again, that's better than being twenty years down the road and deciding you hate what you do.

So after hours of discussion with the parents (the father was less than pleased that this last quarter has been wasted repeating classes I ended up withdrawing from) it was decided that I'd switch over to Business Economics. The theory is I got four's on both the Macroecon and Microecon AP's, and have always liked/been good at it, so I shouldn't have any problem with the major. Besides which, a Buis Econ degree will be useful in the same companies I was planning to work at preferrably, specifically something to do with the recreational technology industry.

Hm, rereading that I spelled Busi differently in two places. Turns out its Busi. That doesn't really work when tryin to say "bis econ" like most people do. Hm...

So Wednesday was spent following through with all the paperwork, in order to change college/major, and also withdraw from the current quarter and get reaccepted into the Winter one. This was basically an eight hour process, from an early morning appointment through the middle of the afternoon. One particular piece of paper (the application for withdrawal) required signatures from like eight different places around campus, which meant crisscrossing campus on my bike at least a dozen times. In particular Housing and Residential Services made my life a living hell, as they tried to tell me I would have to move out of my room for the next two weeks and give it to someone else, just so that I would move into somewhere else next quarter once a registered student again. Retarded.

So finally got all my stuff in the mail, turns out my Econ classes and such stay registered for next quarter, so I'm done with all the paperwork and mumbojumbo that was required. Basically for two weeks I can focus on other aspects of my life that have been recently ignored. Next update in a bit.