Monday, December 03, 2001

COME ON DOWN!!!!!!

Thursday was Price is Right day. This was cool because I only found out about it the day before from a friend of mine on the 5th floor. Each two floors is considered a unit hall that meets together and such in this building, so mine is the 3rd/4th. Unfortunately (for the girls) there is a greater number of them this year, so the floor breakdown is 5 girl/3 guy. So anyway, the 5th/6th are both female floors, and they were the ones going, but needed drivers, so I was able to go. In other words there were about twenty girls, their R/A and our ARD, and me. I wasn't complaining.

Ended up having an absolute blast like I always do when we go to the Price Is Right (this is my third time, once each year). It started out kind of crummy, we left at 7:15am to a chorus of rainstorms and traffic, ended up taking WAY longer than usual to get to LA, almost got there too late, were supposed to be there at 10:30 and didn't make it til 11, luckily enough of us got there on time to hold down the fort and save our slots.

We went through the usual five hour screening process, where you get your nametags, get a short interview from the producers, and so on and so forth. Eventually got inside, got to hear the same speech by Rod Roddy (no idea on the spelling there) and eventually the show started. There's an absolute ton of energy in that room, reminds me of Disneyland at New Years. So to make a long story short, I didn't get picked again (sniffle sniffle) but our ARD did, and ended up winning a cool 13 G's in cash. I should mention that if you take a group of twenty or more people they guarantee that one of them will make it into contestants row. Rolando (the ARD) ended up making most of his money on the big wheel, spinning .35 and .65 for a grand the first time around, and then hitting the 1.00 on his bonus spin for another ten grand. Must be nice... :P

Afterward we all went to Universal Citywalk, somewhere I'd never been before (sad, given I live in LA). That place was actually really awesome, plenty of cool restaurants in there, fun shops, the whole area seeming much like an amusement park (it basically is). Wow, major abuse of parentheses in this post. We ate at the Hard Rock cafe, had some yummy burgers and such. Drive back was actually really lame, both the friends of mine that were riding with me fell asleep, and I had some major trouble trying to keep from hitting the sack myself (while driving). Ended up pulling off in Ventura to circle surface streets for a bit and shake myself back into it, where I ended up seeing a fire in progress, ambulances and fire engines and everything. That shocked me awake to the point the rest of the drive was no problem, but was still pretty boring. Then again any drive is boring after you've done it over fifty times.

More later, I'm only caught up through Thursday, and its Sunday night/Monday morning now. :)