Sunday, October 14, 2001

Wind, Wind, and More

Its been an interesting weekend thus far...

Last night we had the usual poker game which was pretty uneventful, other than me betting the living crap out of someone on a hand that I thought was a straight, which turned out to not be. Basically pure retardation cost me a couple bucks. :/ It happens... Ended up heading out to IV for some eats afterwards, which is significant because in the last couple years here I've never ventured into IV on a Friday or Saturday night... Strangely enough ran into literally everyone I knew while out there... Couldn't walk ten feet without someone calling me over or waving hi, was pretty neat. :) Intended to eat at Freebird's but ended up at Woodstock's, the usual pizza place. Pretty yummy wild bread and cinnabread, still have some of that left over.

Tonight was another trip up to Chumash... The night started off as good as it can, sat down and plunked some money in SpinIt Poker, four aces, boom sixty bucks in the black right off the bat. Unfortunately was pretty downhill from there... Although I did play back at the Seven Card Stud and Hold 'Em tables for the first time, turns out they aren't only for high rollers as I once suspected... Ended up next to a guy going to SBCC who was actually a dealer thirty hours a week... He helped me out a great deal, I ended up pretty even there. It also takes quite a long time to lose (and unfortunately in turn, win) anything. I guess that's a good thing just as much as it is bad, you can spend the usual few hours without suddenly being down a hundred or two... Still haven't gotten that last paycheck from summer in the mail yet, so tonight wasn't so bad. :)

The best part was actually the trip up... We went in my friend's girlfriend's little SUV Jeep type thing by Suzuki, and they took the top back thingy off so that it was basically a convertible back there. I was just livin the good life in the back, enjoying the wind in my hair, the sun in my face, the deafness in my ears... Had a grand ol time belting out "Livin on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi at the top of my lungs. Had their greatest hits CD on most of the way up, they're a really great band for hanging-head-out-the-window-screaming type road trips, their tours are always very audience oriented. I was feeling "Wanted, Dead or Alive" and "Lay Your Hands on Me" rumble through the speakers plenty as well... Speaking of which downloaded another pretty song called "The Dream Within" by Lara Fabian after hearing it on the Final Fantasy movie credits...

Got my webcam working again, so at times the workings of my room are being broadcast all over the world... Kind of a scary feeling at times, at first I was worried about picking my nose or whatever... But then I figured what's the worst that can happen, besides humiliating myself to someone who if they are that important would probably have seen much worse from me already. :) I guess that's why I don't have any problem airing my dirty laundry in this journal of sorts... If the person is going to be the one, shouldn't they know everything beforehand?