Thursday, September 06, 2001

Or Not...

An update to last night's post, did some deep thinking during the night (while I slept of course, the only time one can achieve deep thought) and decided the two working computer idea isn't going to happen any time soon. I suddenly realized even with the purchase of the expensive video card and hard drive I'd still be short a sound and ethernet card, which would mean more dough. Going to put that idea on hold for the time being, and probably make those upgrades sometime during the year or next summer, which will bump the old stuff down and allow the second comp to be functional, for now I'll just pull the ol switcheroo. Made a deal with my father to give him my old thirty gig once everything has been transferred over, and get a larger drive for my C instead to go along with the eighty gig I have on the D. In exchange he'll contribute to the cost of the new drive, since the thirty gig will effectively triple his drive space. For those who know nothing about what I'm talking about, I apologize if you did indeed mash your face on the keyboard as you fell asleep. The good news is I'll save a lot of money, I've spent plenty as it is.

Looking forward to the VMA's on MTV tonight, lots of good performances are expected. I could go without the lengthy thank you thank me thank everyone speeches but I'll probably be doing something else while I watch anyway. Thank goodness for half days, the person I was working for had to leave early, what a shame. Then gave me Friday off since it would be the same concept then, course I'll have to work a full day Monday. You don't hear me complaining though.. Tomorrow night will probably consist of my going down my AIM list bugging people until I find someone bored enough to go do something... Anyone in the Los Angeles area out there? [wink wink]