Wednesday, November 12, 2003

When is the Library Open Again?

Apparently not all the time. What an inconvenience. No 3am posts for a while I guess.

Been just sort of wandering around base doing various things on my little inprocessing checklist thingy... I ordered my local phone # and DSL but apparently although they'll come hook up on the phone on Friday they won't hook up the DSL until the 26th, sheesh... I'll be hittin up the library until then.

Found out I have incredibly boring eating habits, was able to buy two weeks worth of food for $50 thanks to the tax free and somewhat reduced prices of the commissary. I get something like $250 or something a month for food, so I guess the rest will go towards eating out, or just end up in my pocket. My room is finally all put together, after more than one later trip to buy stuff I had totally forgotten I'd need, like toilet paper, or a trash can... It's funny how you don't think about things until you go to use them and are like Hmmm... Haven't gone to try out the dining facility yet, been raiding Subway and various other local places, something tells me as I get going and am over in that section of the base costantly I'll figure out that full meals for two bucks is a much better deal.

Managed to break the rotating portion of my watch off somehow, going to have to not recommend anyone get this kind. Seems like a nifty way to change the mode until it's broken off making it almost impossible to do so... Most watches last me at least a few years, pretty sure this one didn't make it to one.

Someone had asked so I'll go ahead and post here, yes I'm allowed to have visitors, and yes you're allowed to stay on the base, it's just sort of an unofficial policy to not have lengthy overnighters in the room, meaning don't move anyone in. Of course you can always stay somewhere off base, but the price of free tends to work out better. I just have to call the main gate and get you a pass before you get here, so unfortunately surprise visits won't actually work.

I see people are beginning to find the Guestmap to the right, which is cool, looking forward to seeing where people are from. It's editable, but I'll leave that Greenland one up there, since something tells me that'll be the only one from that area.

Darn had a good quote for today and left it at home, will have to put that one up in the next blog.

Hm, yeah pretty boring last couple of days. Going to get the NIFT train in gear probably tomorrow, and see what the deal is with finishing that before ASBC.