Friday, November 14, 2003

One Bad Thing About Surfing in the Library...

Well other than there not being any decent waves, when their internet goes down you're pretty much SOL. Luckily there wasn't much to speak of yesterday, and there wasn't any today either. Conveniently forgot the quote that I was going to post again, one of these days I'll get it up there. Got paid today, that's kind of exciting as it's more than I was getting at OTS now that I'm officially O1. Keep coming up with random things I need to go buy... Was all set to inhale some Campbells chunky clam chowder and low and behold I discover I have no can opener... I'm such a smarty sometimes. We did a mock PFT this morning, and my time was pretty much the same as it was at the end of OTS, which was 30 seconds off what it was in the middle unfortunately... A good sign though given I hadn't touched my running shoes during the two weeks in between. Time to get crackin again.

Ah actually I can post a blurb on The Pianist which I finally got around to watching last night after having it sit on my hd for like a year. I figure with all this free time I'll finally get to watch some good movies, and this was one of them. Held my attention throughout, some very powerful stuff about life as a Jew in Poland during WWII. Or lack of a life, as it became apparent. Not for the weak stomached, but a strong 5 out of 7 M's. I'm pretty sure Brody if that's how you spell his name won an Oscar for his performance.

Got squared away down at Wright Flyers for my NIFT training, picked up all the computer based info and will probably give that a look this weekend to get ahead. The optional ground school starts Tuesday, still iffy on that, if I end up blasting right through the computer based stuff I probably won't need it reiterated and I'll just wait the week for my form to be approved and then get flying. They sure are smaller planes than I expected, I guess that's what makes it easiest to learn. Least I'll have more to busy myself with, this no internet no tv thing continues to suck.

Speaking of which all you people I normally chat with continuously do feel free to call, when I'm not busy (which is basically always) I'm quite available for conversation. I have a strange affinity for ending up in people's voicemails when I call them, funny how that is sometimes. :)