Saturday, May 31, 2003

Nine Fifty Five...

New PR today in the 1.5 mile, pretty exciting stuff there. Of course tomorrow I'm going to try to run a 10k as a part of the Relay for Life, so that should be interesting, twenty five laps is a lot.

Oh right, I'm down in LA, went to see another of my sister's plays tonight, and tomorrow I'm doing the twenty four hour relay thing with my whole family and some of our friends. Should be interesting.

Took three hours to get here, which sucked, but I was ecstatic to see they finished the road work in Oxnard, so Highway 1 wasn't detoured anymore. Since I saved time I decided to stop at Port Hueneme and check out the models they have out front, which I'd seen from the highway but never up close. Turns out they have a full size F-14 sitting out there, which was a plane I'd never seen up close. Those things are a lot bigger than they look. It's similar in size to the F-15, so it was pretty neat to walk around it and snap some dig pics.

It's actually been a really good few days, on a social perspective.

I really have to give a huge I love you to pieces to my friend who kept me company on a Chumash trip on Wednesday night... I was originally deciding not to go, but given how short my time is here, decided to squeak in one more trip before the final Monday, since I missed the previous Monday due to Memorial Day. So yeah, she finally caved and went with me, although it took quite a lot of convincing. Even with a paper due the next morning. How cool is she. How lame am I, is a better question. ;) So yeah, few hours later we came home with five Benjamins, largely due to a 2nd place finish in the Blackjack tournament out of 140. I ended up coming through with my end of the deal, which involved helping her out with an art history paper. All in all I had an awesome night with her, and am beyond thankful, for everything. It's really neat how amazing things just tend to happen, when you least expect it.

So yeah the next day I had a final Cranium showdown, where my team took 2nd again, mostly due to the fact we couldn't roll purple. That's about all there is to say about that. Very fun though.

I'll end with the news that it's now official, two of my best friends here are now engaged. As if enough timers weren't already running on me. Dun dun dun.