Tuesday, October 08, 2002

They Still Fit!

Happened to see one of the guys in my house kickin a soccer ball around out in the quad, so I busted out the old cleats and went to join him. He lives up on the third floor, and is apparently quite the player, trying to get in shape to make it onto the club team here. Was quite fun to be thumpin away at the ball again, hadn't done that since intramurals last year. He's trying to get on a Mens B team for Outdoor, which might have some extra slots, so I might end up tagging along. The quad's really nicely set up for soccer though, and since all the buildings look out onto it I'm sure we'll be able to get a game going now and again. Managing to keep from taking out any windows, now that's the challenging aspect. :)

Had your typical interesting conversation with the guy in the single down the hall, I was in there showing how the sharing on the network worked, and he was sharing his triumphant story of sleeping with three different chicks over the last three nights, a feat he's never before accomplished in college. I remember responding with "impressive" in the most sarcastic tone I have (which is really sarcastic) knowing he wouldn't pick up on it. "Yeah I know, cool huh" was all he said. He then launched into a story about how being an Abercrombie model for 5 years got you stuff that "comes with the territory." I eventually made my escape once my room was done being vacuumed.

My first sorority house experience ended up pretty low key, although it was pretty impossible for me to not be stereotypically thinking when everything around me was your classic example of what you'd expect. The new business plan idea is a 24 hour convenience store in Milan, apparently Italy is lacking those in general for the most part according to those group members who had been there. It's really a structured project, so it should be relatively easy. I volunteered for the Market Analysis portion, knowing that's just a bunch of online research and charts and whatnot, and a lot easier than the actual Marketing plan, or the Implemention or Financial sections. Don't seem to have any real deadbeats in the group, which is logical since we're all 3rd or 4th year and most of the deadbeats are pumping gas by then.

Busiest day tomorrow, including an Econ quiz I guess I'll be studying for at some point tonight, finishing up a couple more chapters worth of reading and workbook work. Took the day off from running after a longer than average day yesterday when I made it all the way down the beach past West Campus to the other point way past the end of DP down there near the Snowy Plover reserve, I'd never even been there before. I figure since I have no problem running on weekends I'll just do a 3 days on 1 day off kind of scenario so there aren't any huge gaps. Alas, the dinner bell is ringing in my head, and I'm starving, having not eaten lunch or breakfast because I was naughty and chowed on Freebirds late last night... I know, shame on me but dang those tacos are good. :)