Sunday, October 06, 2002

Another Weekend Fades Away...

Seems like it had barely faded in before it was gone, funny how weekdays plod and weekends zoom. Pretty productive day, got off my ass and managed to run all the way down to Goleta Beach (now a slighter more difficult task than last year since I'm way over on this side of campus) and made it back without any major issues. Then I was off to help a friend move all her furniture from one apartment to another. All sorts of exciting heavy lifting of couches and box springs and desks and fun stuff like that. She ended up being kind enough to treat me to Carrows though, so I can't complain. Not really sure where the middle of the day went, did some more researching online into the WSO track, oh and I forgot I then took like a three hour nap... Dinner was more entertaining than usual as I met up with some friends from two years ago who live across the quad, it's funny how even though you live closer to people you see them less often... I guess we all have lives now. Well, not all of us. ;) Hauled them over to get groceries, and managed to get free McConnell's out of that, the Coldstone's look alike over in Storke Plaza, which is always good. I'm a big french vanilla with white chocolate chip mix in fan, mmmm good. This whole providing chauffeur service for free food thing could work out quite nicely, I have a couple people who owe me Freebirds for various pain in the butt trips involving too many calories being burned. ;)

Heard from my officer recruiter again, turns out my package did in fact get sent off to the October Board, which meets on the 15th-18th. Apparently in order to get the Flight Physical you must have been accepted already, and even the MEPS aspect of the physical doesn't have to be completed and is actually a separate thing. So, supposedly on November 8th, I'll get the good or bad news and find out if my new direction in life is a closer to permanent thing. No stress involved, or anything.

Speaking of stress, had a somewhat heated conversation with a friend of mine tonight, which we'd sort of put off having for a while since a particularly bad day that managed to piss us both off for various reasons... I think I made progress in explaining the true motives behind the things that had pissed her off, but even though she says she understands where I'm coming from regarding the things that made me angry, I still feel like there's something holding her back from truly rusting me, which is quality I hold most important among my close friends. It's interesting, there are times in the past when I've felt we've been really close, I remember even last year telling someone at home she was the best friend I had here, but this year things just seem different. I don't know whether it's my change in priorities, or maybe hers, or just the fact that we're very different people. Before it never was a problem that we had different tastes in music, or different opinions about which "Trading Spaces" episodes had the best looking rooms or whatnot, but now it seems like a gap is widening. Last year, she was the one I went to whenever I needed anything from a friend, and there were a few times I felt like she was doing the same, this year it just seems like that connection has faded away. It might have been my imagination that it was ever there to begin with, when it comes to interpreting the emotions of the opposite gender, I tend to strike out on a regular basis.

As much as I'd like to stew over depressing topics, I'm actually intending to get some Econ reading and workbook pages done tonight and tomorrow morning before class (even though it's optional; I know, I don't know what's wrong with me) and going to sleep early enough to get in another decent length run. So, I believe it's 33 days and counting!