Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Monday Dunday.

Well technically it's Tuesday, but since I didn't work today and I'm working tomorrow, it feels like it will be Monday. Who knows how long this job will last, it's becoming more of an every other day thing, and that's not really going to work this week. I apparently actually have a social calendar, as one of my friends is taking advantage of the fact that I can take someone to Magic Mountain for free both this week and next, and wants to go on Thursday, and then I'm possibly filling in as a friend of mine's "guest" at another function, someone's wedding anniversary I believe.

Then comes Saturday, when it appears I'm going to attend the first memorial service/funeral of my life. Going to be making the trek a couple hours out to Hemet, California, the hometown of my father's brother and sister in law. She's had cancer for a number of years, and passed away a few days ago. On the bright side, she's the first of my parent's generation of the family to pass away, but still at an unfortunately early age. I'd been hoping to escape off into the military before having to attend the multitude of weddings that will start happening as my fifteen or so cousins all start getting married off at once, and I'd certainly not planned on attending any funerals before finishing college. I guess though, I should be very thankful I've never had to attend one before now. Things could be much worse.

Don't get me wrong about weddings, it's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't like the questions associated with the event. When you end up being the oldest person unmarried at the place, all sorts of fingers get pointed and questions get asked about your "progress" with the opposite sex. It's just not a priority for me right now. Answering the same question eighty times to eighty different relatives isn't much fun. No, I'm not seeing anyone. No, I didn't come out of the closet. Yes, they are smart to have stayed away from me, and you're quite clever to have said that, given the six people before you had the same quip.

Oif. So the high from the weekend has waned, and it sounds like it'll peak on Thursday/Friday, and then slash its way back down for the weekend.

Here's to long life, may all of us be lucky enough to live one.