Friday, August 09, 2002

The Magic at Six Flags...

Man, slept in longer today than I have in quite some time. I have a good excuse though, got few hours of sleep the night before having to get up early and head out to Six Flags. Ended up not getting home until after midnight, and I was pretty drained by that time.

Two bummers put dampers on the day, one of which was X being closed for the whole day which was disappointing, the other being I strained my neck pretty good on the first ride we went on, and was having problem rotating my head to the right the remainder of the day. That said, I pretty simply had a ton of fun for the entire day. The person I was with is someone I've always gotten along with, and regardless of the length of the line, I was never bored. I barely even noticed the heat, which stretched into the mid 90s for most of the day. We got on most all of the big rides, and although they were out of my California rolls at the sushi bar, the Tsunami ones weren't too bad. My voice was pretty much gone this morning, but now seems to just be a bit hoarse. I tend to do my share of hootin and hollerin on the big dips. :)

Managed to take a wrong turn coming home as I missed the turnoff to the 405 from the 5 a bit south of the amusement park, ended up not being that big a deal as we just took the route right past downtown on the 110, had been a while since I'd seen the L.A. skyline at night. That also allowed us to use the carpool lanes on the 110, which are neat because they're about a hundred feet above the freeway itself, your own little highway in the sky. So then I managed to miss the turnoff to the 405, and we ended up having to get off the 110 further south and double back. Apparently I was engrossed in the conversation. I've driven the 110 to the 405 route every day I've worked for the past few weeks, yet still managed to blow right by it. Go figure. Two retarded moves in one trip, can't even remember the last time I managed that. Yet I'm going to be a navigator for a living, HAHA. Er um.

Hopefully going to be seeing more of that friend than I have in the last few years, she's quite the neat person.

Managed to run across a song I hadn't heard in forever, James Taylor's "Fire and Rain." It's a nice friendly cheerful head bobber type. Turns out I don't have a social calendar for tonight, but I will be leaving early tomorrow morning to gallumph out to Hemet.