Thursday, July 11, 2002

Google Does Me Good Again...

Randomly plugging stuff in as usual, when a song comes blaring in from my mother's study that I remembered from my childhood, decided to snag it, turned out to be "Hands to Heaven" by Breathe from way back in 1988. Fourteen years ago even, scary thought.

The way I came across the title was just plugging in some of the lyrics, and I stumbled upon someone's page, who had written out all the lyrics to a few dozen songs and turned them into beautiful webpages with pictures and designs and so forth, and the song in compressed wav format playing in the background. Some were songs I'd heard, some were songs I hadn't, all were quite touching. Thought I'd pass along some lyrics from one by Billy Gilman, who some of you might have heard of, the young boy phenom who's been lighting places up all over the country

"There's a flower in the smallest garden
Reaching for the light
There's a candle in the darkest corner
Conquering the night
There is amazing strength in a willing hand
There are victories
That you've never planned
There's a hero
In everybody's heart

There's a fire inside of everybody
Burning clear and bright
There's a power in the faintest heartbeat
That cannot be denied
Go on and trust yourself
You can ride the wind
You're gonna take your dreams
Where's they've never been
There's a hero
In everybody's heart"