Saturday, June 01, 2002

My What We're Teaching Our Children These Days...

Installed Grand Theft Auto 3 today, the latest in a series of games seemingly designed to make car thiefs out of the youth of the world. Its quite wrong the way the game rewards you for working for the mob, which consists of "offing" certain individuals, blowing up certain vehicles, or doing the different mob bosses different favors. Even worse is the way you can go careening around the streets of the city, running over people left and right, spinning out cop cars, flipping off overpasses, and basically creating havoc wherever you go.

Sure as hell is fun though. ;)

Turned in basically my last assignment of the year today... Well I lie actually have a paper due Thursday as well as an econ assignment, and oh darn there's a quick paper for that due Tuesday too, but nothing that requries too much actual thinking. Then finals start for me on the 8th, then I have two more, on the 11th and 12th. Not sure what my whole strategy is for packing up and moving home, since my final is Wednesday night I'll probably spend all of Thursday getting everything together, and then pack up the car and leave either Thursday night or Friday morning. Who knows, might stick around until later on Friday if I feel the need, or more likely if I don't feel like debunking my bed and doing all those chore like activities yet. Man will I be glad when I have my own place, somewhere, and don't have to keep packing up my life and moving twice a year (technically four times, given how much I have to take home during Winter break for that month).

Been sending out various checks for things, and while I was at it decided to write a few letters to people, so far though its been like a week and no response from those people that they even got the letters, hmmmm... Maybe I screwed up the address or something. That would be lame. :/

Oh, and the Lakers rule. Well at least they forced a Game 7. So I hope you all are in front of your TVs rootin for them on Sunday night, since they're playing in loser Sacramento. GO LA!