Sunday, May 26, 2002

Putt Putt Putt...

No news is good news as they say... Blogging material has been lacking in general lately... :/

Headed down to Ventura yesterday to play some minigolf for my friend's birthday... I always did enjoy playing golf, from minigolf to a little pitch and putt course by my house, and there's nothing like a driving range to relieve stress. Never did play on a "real" course though, I'd probably suck. Last night though I was the self proclaimed winner, not that anyone else was keeping score. Afterwards we were hanging out in the arcade and I found some old school games I hadn't seen in FOREVER. Among these was Tempest, a computer game I used to devote HOURS to, as well as Missle Command, and this huge X-Men machine that allowed for SIX players to play at once. A lot of arcades these days are spending too much on huge dollar or five dollar machines instead of bringing back the popular ones from the past, but I guess its kind of pathetic if you get nostalgic about a video game. :)

For the computer its even worse, just mentioning the words Doom II brings a tear to my eye... Luckily the Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3) that is held yearly in LA debuted a new movie previewing Doom III, to be released next year I believe. Had me drooling, for sure.

Been taking advantage of the fact just about everyone is getting out of school, and therefore spending the last week or two abusing their .edu connection as much as possible, by turning off upload caps and basically letting anyone leech whatever they want. I set a new personal record for downloading by snagging all thirteen seasons of The Simpsons episodes (totalling 275+), a series I've mostly missed out on over the years. My, isn't this summer going to be busy.

Hate to blog and run, but alas it's time for yet another trip over to Six Flags, everyone's favorite place to scream. This time should be even more fun, going with someone from Hawaii who's never been on a "real" roller coaster. Muhahahah she's in for it...