Saturday, January 05, 2002

Vacation in Review

Going against the general rule, I actually had more fun than I expected to during this winter vacation. Finished it up a couple days ago with a big group of friends as we headed over to The Cheesecake factory for a scrumptious meal (I'd never been there, sad I know) and then spent several hours having a huge poker session at one of my friend's houses, winner take all, can't leave til you're cleaned out, etc etc. Was 3 bucks each to play, and by 3am the host finally decided since it was his house he would be the only one to cash out on the night, leaving him with about 6 bucks worth of chips, and me with the remainder of everyone's money... (upwards of 28 bucks or so, they'd never invited me to a game at that house before, probably never will again...) [pops his head with a pin]

So overall this break I got some awesome presents, tried two things I'd never done before and learned to do them to some extent (skiing and snowboarding), and had the usual incredible New Years. Not too shabby I'd say. Makes me feel good to be able to say I'm a licensed SCUBA diver, and can ski and snowboard, as well as claim I've stood on the peak of the highest mountain in the contigious United States, and visited 39 of the 50 states. I've had it good, I know, but I'm not blind enough to the rest of the world to not be thankful for it.