Friday, January 25, 2002

If I Could Fall, Into The Sky...

Gonna have to bust out a plug for Vanessa Carlton and her single A Thousand Miles, it absolutely rocks my world. Watched her play it live on MTV yesterday, and I'm always totally impressed by people who can play an instrument so incredibly well. They showed like 500 closeups of her fingers flying across the keyboard, basically blurred. Also has quite the infectious melody, and pretty cool lyrics to boot, including the one in the heading. That would be sweet, suddenly everyone on Earth launching up into space as if gravity suddenly reversed itself. Well it would be sweet until we all came crashing down anyway. :)

Spent some time up in Solvang for several hours today wandering around, its a Danish style town about a half hour north of here, with tons of shops and bakeries and little cozy nooks, basically looks like Fantasyland from Disneyland. Wandering around I discovered that its the most perfect place to go gift shopping for people at, I literally found stuff in like half the stores that would work out well. Going to have to head that direction next time I feel the need to give away random presents.

Also started playing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which thus far although I've only been through a few missions seems pretty incredible. Awesome AI and set pieces have caused it to be quite enjoyable, and I haven't even reached the apparent INCREDIBLE D-Day sequence that has brought oohs and ahhs from the masses. Been playin a bunch of FIFA 2002 lately as well, took over the USA in a run for the World Cup, pretty fun stuff. :)

Anyway will have plenty of time for all this during the weekend, also planning on keeping the swimming thing going since I missed today (was actually doing and better yet, TURNING IN my homework!!@!!~@~!) and who knows, maybe getting some work done.

Yeah. Uh huh.