Friday, December 21, 2001

Dayam, me foine!

Ah, hadn't been conceited within these pages in a while, needed to fit that in somewhere. :) So yeah, decided on a whim last night that I was going to try snowboarding for the first time ever... Turns out some friends of mine are going next Wednesday, so I'll be hittin the slopes at the crack of dawn, and if I'm lucky, won't break any bones. :)

Of course this requires "winter clothing" of which I have none. I'm a t-shirt/shorts kinda guy, even when it drops to about 40 (the coldest southern california ever gets) so this whole "heavy jacket" concept was new to me. Ended up raiding sportmart for some pretty spiff threads if I don't say so myself. (too late) Got the whole blue/silver color coordination goin, and with the whole hood/neckwarm/facecover and shades on, I look pretty much like those guys who rob banks. I figure its always good to draw attention to yourself, especially when you're about to look like a total idiot rolling over and over and over down a mountain... :)

Should be interesting, I'll probably also go with the father sometime this week or next to do the whole skiing thing as well, get at least two days of mileage out of the new threads. Speaking of mileage, I'm at 99,996 in my car at the moment, bout to roll over to the big 100k mark. That means I've put about 20k miles on it since I picked it up three years ago, including countless SB to LA to SB and back again traverses. Not bad for a car we picked up for $2500 that's 15 years old...

Oh and one more thing...

geek>
They finally released drivers for my Win TV card for WinXP to allow me to cap both audio and video at the same time!
/geek>

That basically means I'll be able to create avi movie files on my computer of just about anything on TV, commercial free of course. I'll be collecting 24 episodes for sure, and probably capturing some other special event type things as well. If anyone has any requests for things they want forever enshrined on their computer, feel free to let me know. :) Half hour shows end up about 100 megs, and hour long ones end up about 220. So obviously, you'd have to be on broadband, or REALLY patient, to be able to get them from me.