Saturday, November 03, 2001

Dup E Dup E Doopie Doop Doop Doop

Cmon, you gotta admit that's the best Dance Dance Revolution song. Well its my favorite anyway. :) Spent a few hours over at a friends house tonight working up a decent sweat skidding around on the pads, was loads of fun. If only I'd get addicted to exercising like that, I'd be one fit little boy. :P

So the math midterm went very well, I'm pretty sure about everything except the extra credit problem, which is of course, extra credit, so who really cares. Also got my cs40 midterm back, and ended up with a 81 out of 93, which with the class average being 61 ended up being about 5th highest in the class. Missed an easy five point problem too, should have had the highest grade overall. :/

So it looks like operation Keep Me In School is in full effect, with of course nothing really meaning anything until finals week. Ooh goodie.

Worked out pretty hard tonight, found out to my dismay they actually DO have an inverted bench with pads for inclined situps in the fitness room, so I don't really have an excuse to let my tummy grow any wider. Darn. I think I can actually motivate myself to head downstairs pretty often though, so we'll see if at least I can gain some muscle, even if I'm not losing any weight.

I'm feeling better about the way friendships are building this year, at first it seemed like I wouldn't find anyone to have close ones with like previous years, but I've met a few people out of nowhere who have become really good friends of mine. These last few days two of my friends have given me random hugs, which really made me happy. :) If there's one thing I miss about a relationship, its having a hug whenever you need one.

Had a whole big ol discussion with someone about male/female friendships, and whether they can ever truly be platonic, etc etc. I've always been of the opinion that if there is no physical attraction it is easily possible, although there seem to be a lot of people who disagree. I've never worried about any of my friends finding me attractive (self-pity I know, but its true) so I think nothing of random hugs, or even sleeping in the same room or on the same bed if that's what's most logical at the time to prevent anyone from being extremely uncomfortable on the floor or whatever. For a lot of people that's taboo though, which must stink if you're the one who ends up on the floor. :/ One of my friends made the claim that there is always a sexual tension between a guy and a girl, even if they're just friends, and even if they're not physically attracted to each other. Maybe its because I'm not all that interested in the physical aspect of relationships, that causes me to be immune or most likely oblivious to the "tension." I just get along better with girls, that's all. I'm not into getting drunk, laid, or wrestling, so I tend to have more in common with the opposite sex than my own. I don't think its a bad thing, it just works out that way.

Anyway, three cheers for hugs, and those who share them.