Tuesday, May 25, 2004

One Hundred.

Finally, a result I am satisfied with. Alas, that is just one test of many that I will take during nav school. It's a good stepping stone to the future though. It was the hardest test thus far by a longshot, and the fact I'm getting better rather than worse is a good sign.

Today was the first day of the FN phase, or Fundamentals of Navigation. It's the longest phase, and it's the hardest phase. The instructor said according to statistics 93% of people who flunk out of Nav school don't pass this phase. I'm really not worried though, it's just building on what we already know. The hard part is finally performing in the simulators and then eventually on the flights, and doing one's job under pressure. I'm actually looking forward to it.

The biggest bird in the world must have flown past my car today, because when I came out of class I had like a three inch wide streak from my roof all the way down the driver's side door to the side sill and onto the pavement. We're talking it must have been baseball sized. It was that kind of day let me tell you. It had been a while since I washed the car tho, so I gave it a good shine.

The 24 season finale was not as good as past season's, I was disappointed. The episodes leading up to it were much more suspenseful I thought. Really not the closure I was looking for.

Not much else interesting, but didn't want that ugly post down below to stay up top too long. Might as well hit it, so I'm not quite so tired if she calls me to wake me up to webcam chat on her lunch break. No one said it would be easy...