Thursday, January 15, 2004

Just When You Thought..

That I'd actually be in one place for a while, I'm off again.

After finding out I could leave a day earlier than planned without getting charged leave, I'm gonna take off at some point tomorrow and head East. Along the way I'll be heading through Houston, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Biloxi, Mobile, and Pensacola, although I may only stop at some and stop at others on the way back. Eventually I'll be back in Montgomery, AL for the first time since graduating OTS on Halloween. ASBC is the name of the game this time at Maxwell AFB, and I report there for class on the 19th, with it actually starting the 20th and letting out I believe March 3rd. So sometime around March 5th I'll be back here doing the get paid to sit around and wait deal again. In the meantime I'll make bank off TDY pay, something I can't complain about. Unfortunately it would appear there isn't any broadband access in Billeting there, and I won't be dialing up, so I'll probably be a frequent visitor to the library again for use of their internet. Should be an interesting experience, being back there but with all the privileges the world can offer. Also interesting will be the fact that instead of 130 or so OTS students, my ASBC class will be a massive 600 or 700 students. That's a whole lot more faces folks. Looking forward to seeing old friends from the trying times of OTS, and making new ones.

So yeah, will update when I get situated over there. My cell phone as usual will be travelling with me, so that's the way to contact me if you feel the need, or want me to get you something from somewhere along the way. Sorry jambalaya can't be shipped, or I'd be sending myself some too.