Friday, May 23, 2003

Guestbook Entries...

It's fun to see that people are tagging my guestbook, but unfortunately occasionally I have to take the time to edit out certain entries.

The really hilarious aspect of people hiding behind anonymous postings, is in the private section of the guestbook site, it clearly shows the IP and hostmask of everyone who leaves an entry. This allows a traceroute that literally tells me what computer they're leaving the post from. This actually isn't even necessary, as the site tracker already shows that information, as well as what page was being viewed before this one, and what page was viewed afterwards, along with obsessive stuff like what operating system they're using, what resolution they run at, and strange tidbits like that. Comparison of the IP to previous IPs of "creative" posters show me that as much as they'd like it to seem like many people are doing it, it is really just one person, with no life. The information from these programs isn't something I analyze regularly, it just comes in really handy when identifying which loser has most recently been playing around with the guestbook.

So I will continue to delete their entries with two simple clicks, while they continue to waste their time. You'd think living in IV, they'd find something, or someone, better to do. I guess the best they can do for entertainment is sit in front of their computer talking trash in random people's guestbooks. Makes a person feel sorry for them. I'll as usual refrain from naming any names, they don't need me to announce their stupidity, I'm sure they're already well aware. The sad part is, even though they do their best to ridicule me, they've probably still returned to read this as well. Go figure.

Those of you who do feel like leaving whatever your heart desires, please do continue to do so, I enjoy reading the entries when not instantly deleting them.

Memorial day weekend upcoming, and I have no plans. Hm... Could get interesting.